Finding information for your research (4th Yr integrated teaching FEE PGRs)
By the end of the session you will be able to:-
- Find key research material using Library resources;
- Develop skills in searching for and retrieving information;
- Save searches and create alerts.
The session will take the form of a workshop combining instruction with practical exercises in using databases and other relevant resources.
You will be introduced to:-
- Key online resources for your research area;
- How to develop effective search strategies (including use of advanced searching techniques such as controlled vocabularies, classification codes where appropriate and citation searching);
- How to track down the full text of the references found in searches;
- The benefits of using referencing software to manage your results;
- How to keep up to date with newly published material.
Library Services Staff
This session is for
First year doctoral researchers (grouped by discipline)
- Wednesday, December 13, 2017
- 09:30 - 11:00
- Hartley Library Training Room 4077